"The Cookie"

 

Ohishi "Ancona's Edition" Single Barrel Sherry Cask 

"The Cookie"

 So here's the story. We've been working on this project for almost two years now. We've always sold and loved the whisky offerings from Ohishi, so when we were offered the opportunity to tatse through five single barrel samples to pick our very own cask, we jumped at the chance.  As usual, you can skip the heavy reading and click HERE for LIB Season 1, "Special Edition" to find out why we love this (our) whisky.

(note: the video is a little long but extrememly informative)

Click HERE if you want to see the video of us trying the "Cookie" for the very first time! 

(note the opening credits... see what I did there?)

The Facts-

  • Ohishi Distillery was founded in 1872 and is located in the Southwest of Japan. (single malt production in Japan started in 1923)
  • Ohishi is the closest distillery to the source of the Kuma River, renowned and prized for its superior water quality. 
  • Ohishi has been a family business for five generations.
  • Ohishi Whisky is distilled entirely from rice and aged in either Brandy or Sherry Casks. 
  • In order to ensure the quality of the spirit, the Master Distiller utilizes 30% estate grown grain (rice) for distillation, with the remaining 70% of rice (Mochi) coming from the surrounding Kumamoto prefecture. 
  • Weeds in the estate rice paddies are controlled, by the employment of koi fish to swim about the grass and nibble the invasive plants.  
  • Because of the rice’s efficient and subsequent clean fermentation, Ohishi uses a pot still made from stainless steel, as opposed to copper.

Kyle's tasting notes:

Mitch's tasting notes: "It's all about the nose... as stated in both videos (and hinted at in the name "The Cookie") wonderfully warm aromas that are reminisent of "shortbread butter cookies"... underlying supportive notes of sherry and oak spice. Rich mouthfeel that isn't too heavy. Complex flavors that follow the nose nicely. This spirit is super soft... one might say intricately delicate... finish lingers nicely."

Ohishi "Ancona's Edition" Single Barrel

Sherry Cask 

"The Cookie"

Regular Price $79.99

SALE PRICE

$63.99

This is an online AND in-store offer. We have the "Cookie" in all three stores and it will be on sale until January 2nd. We have a lot of it. It won't sell out with this offer BUT it will never be at this low of a price again. 

sort by:
Ohishi the Cookie Ancona's Edition Single Barrel Sherry Cask Whisky (750)
Ohishi "the Cookie" Ancona's Edition Single Barrel Sherry Cask Whisky (750ml)
Red Wine 

Marzipan and the namesake shortbread cookie are the first aromas to stand out, accompanied by salt sea spray and blonde caramel. The palate is silky and buttery, both in texture and flavor, with an easy, warm finish. Mellow spice... Read More

 
Price:   $79.99
Quantity:
Save 6% on Six, 12% on Twelve "Mix and Match"
Discount applies to 750ml only, and does not apply to sale items.

 

The best way to contact us with questions is via email at:

 customerservice@anconaswine.com

Please email with questions only.

All Orders Must Still Be Placed Online

(We can't take orders via email... sorry)

Thank you for your support!

 -Mitch

ANCONA'S MIXED CASE DISCOUNT:
SAVE 6%* when you buy 6-11 bottles of wine.
SAVE 12%* when you buy 12 or more bottles of wine.

*Discount applies to 750ml only and does not apply to sale items.

Copyright © 2024 All rights reserved Website Powered by WineFetch

"Celebrating Over 90 Years In Business"

Sign up for the Ancona's Wines & Liquors newsletter and be among the first to know about new arrivals, upcoming events, and specials!